Request Resources for our Library
Request an Item
Patrons can request items from any library in Allegheny County and pick them up at the Jefferson Hills Public Library. A courier service delivers items Monday-Friday. Wait times for requested items depend on availability at the Jefferson Hills Library and throughout the county.
Patrons will be notified via email, phone call, or text when their requested item is available to pick up at the Jefferson Hills Public Library.
To request an item via our online catalog:
- Visit the library catalog.
- Search for the title you want to request.
- Click the title of the item you want to request.
- Click the “Place Hold” button. Make sure to pay attention to the format of the item you are requesting.
- Enter your username or library card number and PIN number. If you don’t know your card or PIN, call the library at 412-655-7741 during regular operating hours.
Request in Person or By Phone
Jefferson Hills Public Library staff are happy to help you place requests for items available at our library or in other libraries in Allegheny County. Stop by the library or call during regular operating hours at 412-655-7741 to place a request with one of our friendly staff members.