News and Info on Every Subject
Jefferson Hills Library is home to a selection of magazines. You can search the catalog or come in to browse and check out issues from our collection. The library holds back issues of each title for one year. Magazines can be checked out for one week and can be renewed based on availability.
Current Titles: Better Homes and Garden, Bon Appetit, Consumer Report, Family Handyman, Fine Cooking, Food Network, Good Housekeeping, Health, Martha Stewart Living, National Geographic Kids, Parents, Pennsylvania Game News, People, Pittsburgh, Real Simple, Smithsonian, Sports Illustrated, Sports Illustrated Kids, Time, WebMD & Zoobooks.
Your library card allows you to instantly download and read thousands of digital magazine titles. eMagazines can be read on your mobile devices or computer.
Jefferson Hills Library subscribes to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, South Hills Record and the Pittsburgh Business Times. These publications are available for browsing and reading in the library during regular operating hours.
- AP Newsroom
- View the greatest events in world history with photographs, audio sound bites, video, and graphics, for over 185 years. Over 3,000 photos/images/sound bites/graphics added daily.
- Historical Black Newspapers
- Historical Black Newspapers is an excellent resource that provides information and perspectives that was excluded or marginalized in mainstream news sources. These newspapers include articles, obituaries, photos and editorials. Newspapers available through this resource include: Pittsburgh Courier, Philadelphia Tribune, Cleveland Call & Post and others.
- Gale Onefile News
- Gale Onefile News proves newspaper articles from more than 2,300 U.S. and world newspapers.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Access the Post-Gazette from inside a library or while connected to your library’s WI-Fi. Local news, weather, sports, book reviews, obituaries and more.
- Pittsburgh Press Archives
- Archives of a former, major daily newspaper in Pittsburgh. 1884-1992.