Winter gives us a lot to look forward to–the magical first snow, holidays spent with family, time off from work and school. But eventually, the long nights and freezing temperatures begin to wear on even the most resilient of us. If you can’t stand the thought of another evening on the couch scrolling through Netflix, check out some ways that you can use your library card to keep yourself entertained this winter.
- Request a book bundle for your kids—or yourself! Librarians will hand select a stack of books based on the topics, authors, and genres you and your kids love.
- Sign into CreativeBug with your library card for free craft tutorials, patterns, and inspiration.
- Check out a museum pass and explore local history. Our experience kits give you four free tickets to local museums and historical sites, including the Heinz History Center.
- Use your library card to access Flipster, our collection of digital magazines that you can read for free on your phone or tablet.
- Learn a new language. Kids will love Little Pim Languages, and adults and more advanced learners can try Mango.
You can do all of this and more with a library card. Don’t have one yet? You can register online!